Sunday, June 3, 2007

License to Lie?


One of the laymen in our church preached this morning. He is a runner who will be in Grandma's Marathon in Duluth next weekend. He talked about "Running the race to win the prize". He encouraged us to focus on the Lord and live the life God has for us. He also talked about the things that entangle and encomber our race. He quoted several scriptures and noted the Seven Deadly Sins. Another quote spoke about God hating liars. I have finally achieved the weight that is on my driver's licence. I suppose it would not be good to have that changed to knock fifty pounds off that number. The picture of me has a pudgier face than I now have, I think. I dislike having it state the correct weight, but...God hates liars. Time to shape up and get glad I am finally telling the truth on that document.

No comments: