Sunday, November 25, 2007

Edmund and Victoria's Family Gathering

I have a new project. Organize a Parnell family reunion for next summer. Interest has been growing. We are due. This picture was taken in 1957. A few of my cousins had not been born yet. The extended family is much larger now adding the grandchildren and great grandchildren of the original Parnell eight.
Many have stepped up to help and offer suggestions. Our last reunion was about seven years ago. My cousin Dan took charge after observing we were only meeting at funerals and needed to come together at another time.
I remember that first reunion. I was twelve and had never met my California cousins. Coming from a small town in Minnesota, I was so impressed by this blond California cutie, my cousin Mary who is my age and had actually been to Disneyland and the ocean. Other cousins had a dad in the Air Force and lived in Wyoming at the time. We hadn't seen them often either. It was a great week spent in the hometown. Aunts kept us busy helping and organized a talent show. We went floating down the Apple River together. We had picnics. Fond memories. Time to remember the past and make some new memories.

No comments: