Friday, November 23, 2007

Reindeer Were Never This Noisy






I have had too much caffeine today resulting in compulsive overblogging. Last one for the morning here. I am leaving in a few minutes.


For the 24 years we have lived in Stillwater Santa arrived the day after Thanksgiving on a fire truck. He comes right down our street on the big truck with the siren sounding. Kids come out to greet him and he throws candy to them. When Andy was little he waited for him. Today it is almost 10:am and time for his arrival. Andy is still sleeping the way the young do on a day off. I have been up five hours. The picture was taken in a different town. I got it online. Santa must have changed over the years. He used to come on a sled, but that was when we had snow in Minnesota. Actually, when I was a kid Santa came to our house to deliver presents one Christmas Eve when my sister and I were sick. She then told me he was really Tater Roberts, a friend of my dad and local fireman. Maybe he could have come on a fire truck after all. I hope I see Santa before I have to leave this morning. Good memories.

No comments: