Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Run For Your Lives, You Turkeys


I do my sign at church on Mondays and yesterday's was easy. It was Veterans Day and the sign thanked and honored Vets. I thought next week"s was a slam-dunk too. It will be Thanksgiving week and I can put something about being thankful. One of my pet peeves is having the holiday dubbed "Turkey Day". Have we forgotten it is about thanking God? Non-believers could at least thank the turkey. Anyway I hate that phrase.
My daughter in past years has done a 5K run in downtown Mpls on Thanksgiving morning with a friend. It is promoted as exercise in anticipation of the big eat. One year she did "spinning" @ the Y with a huge group. This year she asked me if I would like to participate with her in a 5K walk. After being assured it was a walk not a run (optional, can do either) I said sure. I am walking 8 miles or 13K everyday now. Piece of cake. Last night when we met for dinner she gave me the entrants # and shirt. The shirt says "Turkey Day Run". Oh, my. Can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em. Maybe we can go "whole hog" and be "top dogs" and win that race. It should be fun and I am looking forward to it.

No comments: