Thursday, July 17, 2008

Burning Down the House

Todays wake up music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181yYEAmvnA

Life is strange. A couple of weeks ago there was a house fire in the south metro. Passersby noted flames coming from a home, stopped, beat on the door, broke down the door and rescued a sleeping teenager. Heroes. Risked their lives and had a very grateful family thank them. This morning's paper carries a story of the cause of the fire. Spontaneous combustion of a flower pot on the deck. Really. Insurance agents admit this happens rarely but it happens. Who knew?
I tend to be a "glass half empty" person. Danger lurks. Not in all my worries has the thought ever crossed my mind that a flower pot might spontaneously ignite. I know you shouldn't use them as an ashtray. Daughter Mary almost lost her garage years ago when someone used a peat filled planter as an ashtray in the garage. That stuff burns. But spontaneous combustion? I think I will go out and water my garden now and hit those flower pots with the hose too. Don't want to burn down the house. http://www.twincities.com/dakota/ci_9902469

No comments: