Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Guten Tag


I have to give some thought to how to feed boneless, skinless chicken breasts to my husband. He prefers them with skin on and baked at 400 for two hours so they are nice and dry (like jerky). I don't. Tonight I am going to schnitzelize them. Pound them thin, bread and fry in olive oil. No deep frying. Add lemon and serve with packaged bread dumplings, (Semmel knoedels) and sweet and sour red cabbage. The first time I made red cabbage I was amazed. It turns vivid blue before you add the vinegar. I know a secret now. Our son worked at our favorite German restaurant. He told us they use commercialy canned red cabbage. Now I buy it and it tastes great. Easy dinner. Might be fun to cook up some red cabbage from scratch and not add the vinegar. Blue food. Very unappealing in vegetables.

No comments: