Monday, July 14, 2008

I Love Lucy


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. You can almost hear Mr. Rogers theme playing softly in the background. A perfect summer morning. Cool, sunny with a clear blue sky and promise of a pleasant warm day. I took my early morning walk at 6:00am and then hopped on my bike to make the circuit. My first site was my neighbor Marge returning from Starbucks in her new black BMW convertible. She buys a caramel latte for a wake-up jolt that she shares with her Lucy. Lucy is a cockapoo who has grown fond of caramel lattes. A sweet little playful dog who romps in their backyard chasing butterflies and keeping the neighbor's cats in check. Jon loves Lucy too. She usually wears a collar that keeps her inside the invisible fence. If that collar is not in place she sneaks under the fence to collect her share of affectionate petting from Jon. I think he needs a dog of his own. I'd be willing to share my homemade carmel latte with it.

No comments: