Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Leading the Blind


This morning I am off to order my new glasses. I hate the old ones. My prescription has changed just a little and I could probably keep these but I want new ones. Okay, the picture is me in the gag glasses Jon bought. He has gag brown, scraggley teeth too. Makes quite an impression when he wants to.

I asked my sweetie to come with me to pick out frames. I selected three I liked and have no idea what I look like in them. How can the blind pick out frames? I am at the mercy of the store clerk for advice and hope she likes me. Otherwise she could sell me a pair like in this picture.

I bought glasses once at a place that took digital pictures of you in frames you tried on. Put your real glasses on and look at the pictures. Everyone should do that. That is why I am bringing Jon with me today. Not sure I can trust him telling me which looks best. He says everything is fine most of the time.

Most wives can't get dependable fashion advice from their husbands. They are wishy-washy. Men see the slippery slope. What if they say it doesn't look good and you buy it anyway? What if they say it's a go and your girlfriend's face betrays how you really look? Today was an exception. I bought a tacky blue tee-shirt at a garage sale recently. It has a butterfly pattern outlined in sequins. Nice and sparkly. Yesterday I shopped at a local store that is going out of business and bought a blue sequined cloth belt for 75 cents. Thought I would use it as a ribbon on a gift. Good price. Cheaper than buying ribbon. Today I realized it would match my tacky sequined tee-shirt. I tried it on. Jon said "NO". Didn't appreciate the trailer trash look. I was kind of disappointed. Maybe I should wear it when I walk with friend Mary tomorrow and see what her face tells me.

No comments: