Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Some of My 20,000 Words







We attended a marriage enrichment weekend several years ago. One of the teachings said, a woman needs to speak 20,000 words a day to be happy. Men don't. They have trouble listening to all that talk too. Spare them. Spend some of the words on a girl friend. Men, try to listen and understand. The Martians and Venitians have differences.




My blog is part of my need to talk. Talk or write. Shameless self promotion.




I find the TV commercial for Klondike bars amusing. In one scene a wife is chattering on about her day. On and on. The husband looks like he is reading the newspaper. Then he asks her a question pertinent to what she hasd just said. The jingle plays, "Give that guy a Klondike bar".

Last weekend I bought a supply of Klondike bars. Their advertising must be effective. My guy got one for all the work he has been doing around the house. Haven't rewarded him for listening to me yet. His comment the other day when I paused, realizing that I was over-running my mouth again, "You say what you are thinking to process your thoughts, don't you?" YUP.
Give that guy another Klondike bar for insight. And for staying married 40 years, most of them happily.

No comments: