Friday, May 14, 2010

Battle Hymn of the Republicans ...( I just like that title)


Husband Jon announced this morning he had just had his half-birthday and had calculated he has "lived 24,000 weeks". Holy Cow. Didn't realize I was married to such an oldster. I think he misplaced a decimal or screwed up the math. He doesn't look 461 yrs old and I hope to have him around a lot longer. He looked chagrined when I told him that was a blogable comment.

I am still in the habit of parusing the obituaries, checking to see if I know anyone.
They are listed alphabetically and the first one today was a John Brown. I am sorry for the Brown family's loss, but I wonder if anyone else started singing "John Brown's body lies a-mold'ring in the grave, (repeat x 2) His soul is marching on. Glory, glory, halleluia," ect.

etc." http://www.contemplator.com/america/johnbrown.html

Naughty me. John Brown just died and isn't in the grave yet. We aren't in the grave yet either so it must be a good day. I think the 461-yr-old guy I am married to is living on the edge, though.
Picture: John Brown of Harper's Ferry fame, not my Jon.

I looked up the lyrics and there are two differing versions of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. ???? Maybe the republicans could claim one.

No comments: