Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Perhaps I Have Misspoken....

I'm not actually running for governor of Minnesota in spite of my earlier declaration. With only two people volunteering to support me, I decided not to throw my hat in the ring. Months ago I said I would do it because it seemed to be the thing to do. We had two dozen announcing they would seek candidacy. We now have nominees from the major parties as well as a few who will run unendorsed as Democrats. Both of these guys are wealthy men. I am not a Democrat, a man or wealthy.

Have you ever noticed when someone is caught in a lie, they claim to have misspoken? I "love" the Connecticut attorney general who is campaigning for a senate seat and talked repeatedly about his service in Viet Nam. One snoopy reporter unearthed records showing that after multiple deferments, he joined the Marine reserve and served stateside. Some claim that was because he could no longer get a deferment and didn't want to be drafted and go into combat abroad. Perhaps he should save himself some time and $$$ and withdraw as a candidate. We have enough Bozos in DC now.

http://countusout.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/attorney-general-richard-blumenthal-of-connecticut-lied-about-viet-nam-service/

No comments: