Monday, August 6, 2007

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND

We live in a town that is an antique hunter's destination. Years ago my longtime friend Barbara asked me to be on the lookout for pink and green depression goblets to match the three she had inherited from her mother. She described them to me. I keep an eye out when I travel or browse the stores downtown. Last month when she came to visit we spent an afternoon shopping the antique stores. In one of the malls we spotted her goblets. They had five of them and she even bargained a bit on the price. Last week she emailed her purchase had arrived UPS intact. She is exstatic to have found them relating the only other time she got close she had been told by a dealer they had just sold some an hour before her arrival. I have never seen them. Her sister in ND has an incomplete set of sherbet glasses in mom's pattern. Barb now has me keeping my eyes open for those. Today when I checked on eBay I got excited. They sure looked like what they are hunting for. Alas, the seller's not says they are not Tiffin. They are look alike depression glass. It is easier now to hunt for them because we know the name of the pattern.
So---If you every see any Tiffin, Diamond pattern, pink with green base sherbet glasses let me know. There are some that have green stems. They want the ones with only the green base.
Barb or Mary Cay if you are reading this, perhaps this eBay dealer has other stock: http://cgi.ebay.com/4-BI-COLOR-PINK-AND-GREEN-VASELINE-ETCHED-SHERBERTS_W0QQitemZ120147673408QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

No comments: