Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Late Night Shopping


I got caught up in a cycle the past few days of too little sleep = need for caffeine in the morning. We usually drink decaf but I needed a jolt because I would wake up at 3 or 4 and be tired in the morning. That only leads to repeating the pattern the next night. I finally caught up on sleep last night. It was interrupted sleep, however. I awoke at 2am, got up, and slouched in the recliner watching whatever came on TV. One infomercial caught my eye. The guy was selling books on health and fitness. Buy one, get others free. I actually wrote down the phone number. This morning I threw the note away. Besides purchasing air time on TV cheaper at night, they probably get more sales from half-awake people who have low resistance. Ask me. I have sent for Sheer Cover and Victoria whatever's makeup during the wee hours. I actually liked both products. Watch out for Sheer Cover. The next shipment will be $99 for a three month supply. I cancelled both after the first batch. I also watched Kevin Trudeau's spiel on "what they don't want you to know about diets" one night. I then googled his name and found out the book is okay but you will get a monthly newsletter for $9.99 a month that you will find impossible to cancel. No human answers the phone # they give. Lots of negative stuff about this being a scam. I think I will go back to just writing down the info and throwing it away in the morning. I have not signed up for any get rich flipping real estate schemes either. Wonder how those are going.

No comments: