Saturday, December 22, 2007

In Either Case, I'm Still a Bird -- OR -- Birds of a Feather Flock Together


Note the time of this blog entry. (Actually, the clock on my computer is an hour slow.) Am I up late or early? I may be a rambling night owl or an early bird. Shucks. I went to bed at 10:30 and awoke at 1:05. Too early. Yesterday I slept until around 2:00 and needed a nap by 2:00pm.

I tried to fall back to sleep. I tried. Isn’t this the time of year when we should have visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads? I couldn’t imagine what a sugar plum looked like and certainly couldn’t dream of one. My mind wouldn’t shut down again. I pondered the thought that my college-aged son was still out at a local watering hole meeting other college kids home for the holidays. He is the night owl. I am the early bird.

I envisioned the actress in the Lunesta commercial in drugged sleep while the luminous green butterfly flits around her room. I carefully opened one eye. No butterflies. No reason not to sleep except perhaps I am having these strange thoughts and I need to write them on my blog. Poor you. You get the good with the bad in this online diary.

We are having our family photo taken today at 10:00. We are wearing costumes and doing it at one of those Old Tyme Photo places. You will recognize me. I will be the one with the raccoon eyes. (lack of sleep) Now that is a different animal and the musings of a different night. Good Night All.

No comments: