Monday, December 3, 2007

Numbers

-80 Today. Yeah. Not the temperature, my progress with that scale.

7 days until Florida. I have felt okay about "going to the beach" because the gulf coast is known as a haven for the older set. Yesterday's travel section of the the Sunday paper was about Ft. Myers Beach. Apparently the north end of the island where we are staying is known more for attracting a younger beach crowd. I am hoping that is not true in December. This is not spring break time or even Christmas holiday time yet. Wish me luck. I may be 80# less but still 62. Too many numbers.
42 - 10. Heh, how about them Vikings? I am definitely a fair weather fan and now starting to get interested. It is more fun to have them start the season lousy and finish well than the other way around.
6 inches of snow fell over the weekend. Everything is clean and white. I love watching for the bunny tracks in our yard. I miss the kid tracks in our back yard. The northeast is getting blasted with a Monday am snowstorm. That does make a mess during commute to work. 20 inches is expected in the higher elevations in northern New England. Then, I think I heard that forecast here too. Weathermen get a little carried away with their predictions.
22 days until Christmas. Our tree is up and some indoor decorations in place. I never did get around to putting up any outdoor lights. Maybe it will warm up a little and I will do that later.
Without number; the things I am grateful for this year.
7 x 70: the friends and acquaintances who need a hug or word of encouragement this year. We know so many people who are experiencing trials and pain this year. One dear lady who will bury her week old grandson tomorrow, another with a depressed and sick daughter, others with a child going through a divorce, hospitalizations, accidents with injuries. The stores are festivally decorated masking the pain many have in their lives facing a cheerful season when they do not feel cheerful. So, I guess it doesn't matter if the Vikings win nor lose. It doesn't matter if I am fat or thin. It doesn't matter if our bushes have lights on or not. It doesn't matter if our commutes to work are slowed by snow. What does matter is giving an encouraging word or hug to someone who may not be feeling like they can face Christmas. May His peace be with all of us.

No comments: