Monday, December 31, 2007

Mr. Ed


When we moved to Stillwater twenty plus years ago we bought a book about the history of Washington county. I found this picture of early loggers on the river and got excited. The guy in the right hand lower corner is Eddie Parnell. My grandpa was Ed Parnell. When I told my mom, she said that wasn't grandpa, it was his brother Edward. Grandpa was Edmund. They came from big families of 12 or 13 kids and they must have run out of new names.
This photo is reprinted from the collection of John Runk. He left a legacy of hundreds of prints recording the early years of Stillwater and the area. A friend of ours, now deceased, donated hundreds of hours of time printing these from the glass negatives Runk had donated to the historical society.
With our upcoming family reunion in August we are also blessed to have one of my cousins, Cliff, offer to collect and put on CD all the old family photos we can find. I am anxious to see what is out there. He has already whet my appetite by emailing me some I have never seen before.

No comments: