Monday, December 24, 2007

The Star

Jon took this picture on the beach on our recent trip. Guess what I was daydreaming about yesterday when the nasty blizzard-like weather hit. We didn't get a lot of snow, but we got an icy blast of wind with it. I had decided to change the church sign yesterday because I would be busy today. I have to put the letters on with bare hands for dexterity reasons. Then I found out that the freezing drizzle that started this storm had iced the letters I had to take down to the signboard. Two fingernails and some nearly frostbitten fingers later, I accomplished my task. The sign simply says, "Merry Christmas". I had asked the pastor if I could keep it short and sweet. I told him I just planned to put up "Happy Holidays". He laughed. I was teasing.
Anyway, we found one dead starfight on the beach and brought it home. It now decorates our Christmas tree. I think I will plug in those tree lights and gaze at that starfish and do a little Florida dreaming. Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments: