Saturday, December 29, 2007

Samaritan's Purse

Samaritan's Purse--charity that begins at home and reaches around the world. I spent a few hours volunteering to sort and ship Christmas packages for this organization with my cousins. Today I received an e-mail with pictures from the organization. This little girl grabbed my heart. The smile on her face as she clutched her stuffed toy and colorful box amid her shabby surroundings is priceless. We have such an abundance. So many boxes under our trees. It is good to see we can be a part of reaching around the world to spread joy to many kids.

He promised even a cup of water given in His name would not go unnoticed. I hope He had a good time watching children around the world open presents on His birthday.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/SS_YearinPictures.asp

No comments: