Saturday, December 29, 2007

Still In Training. Still in the Game.

It took two weeks but I finally have my weight back down where it was before we went on vacation and before the big Christmas feasting. New goal: -5 more before I go to the Dr. in late January , one year after I started my new lifestyle. Then I am done. I am not going to keep replacing my wardrobe with new sizes. Enough. I feel good.

I won a drawing at Curves; the prize was a beautiful black and lavender Curves clothing pants and stretch top. I LOVE anything purple. I even loved it before the Red Hat ladies and their purple outfits were popular. My aunt Lu often wore lavender and since I loved my aunt Lu maybe that is the explanation. The outfit is a size medium, a far cry from what I used to wear and it fits. However, I do have a little midrift bulge that five pounds off should cure. Wish me luck.

Before the snow I was walking outside, running my errands to stores and the library on foot. The snow and ice sent me back to walking indoors at the track. I have a friend who meets me three times a week to walk an hour. That did not satisfy me. I now go over around 6:30am and sometimes walk a couple hours or more. I don't like walking by myself very long so I have been talking to strangers and partnering-up to make the time pass faster. Yesterday was great. I met three senior citizens who were extremely friendly. One even plays cribbage and I am invited to a game at her apartment next week. What a wonderful world. I have a new 85 yr old darling who not only walks fast but plays cards. One of the "younger" women (only in her 60's) is longtime friend of my brother in-law Mike's sister Phyllis's late husband Ralph's sister's wife who lives just up the street from us. So you see I am making new connections. Bet you had to think about that last one. Another of the women is in research at a transplant lab at the U of Mn. Interesting people. Life is good.

No comments: