Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Flu Formerly Know As Swine Flu


The cat is out of the bag or the pig is out of the pen, I can't remember not to call it swine flu. It isn't a funny situation, but I take humor where I find it. My son chided my response to the gov's name change by reminding me it is a devastating time for pork farmers. Personally, I am not afraid of dead pigs or pork products. I am not sure I would want to be hanging around any live pigs now but I wouldn't anyway. Too stinky. Typical city dwellers response. Pigs stink.

There is sometimes a silver lining to bad situations. One health official commented Americans may fare better than Mexicans in surviving a case of that flu because of our better nutrition. We usually hear about the health hazards of an obesity epidemic. Now we learn it might be helpful. Who knew.

No comments: