Saturday, July 18, 2009

Deja Vu All Over Again


Okay, I stole the title line from Yogi Berra.
The deja vu part refers to the pairing of actors Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. If you saw the movie, "Doubt" you will remember them as the young nun and the seasoned mother superior. Excellent acting. Now they appear in the movie "Julie & Julia" and I can't wait to see it.
Nora Ephron wrote the screenplay. If you graduated from high school sometime in the 60's, you are old enough to read her book , "I Hate My Neck", and laugh.
I love anything Meryl Streep does.
I am liking Amy Adams work too. She has a line in the movie trailer, "I could write a blog. I have thoughts" that was appealing to me. I am a blogger. Sometimes I call myself a writer because I can, can't I? Who deemed me a writer? Me. That's who. No one said I couldn't, but in truth I am just a blogger. No one said I couldn't be a blogger. I have thoughts, too.
The movie comes out August 7th but you can see the trailer on-line. http://www.julieandjulia.com/?hs308=JNJ041&kw=julia%20child%20movie

No comments: