Tuesday, January 2, 2007

2007 - Day 2

Winter started a little late this year with the inch and a half of snow we got on New Years Eve. Other places in the metro area got up to 10 inches. We got enough snow to blanket everything in white--not enough to immobilize us or make it problematic. It is almost 40 degrees today and the snow is receding in the bright sunshine. Maybe winter is going to end a little early

On January 1st, my husband used the snowblower for the first time this winter (a record) only to find out it did not work right. I am trying not to remember that things break in threes. Last night we had problems with the sewer backing up the floor drain. It was noticed before it much of a mess and Jon got his first fix-it job of the year. Today the snowblower was job two. We are hoping for nothing else to break down. This does raise the question I pondered a few months ago. Do things break in threes because we group things after the third mishap? Probably. I will be happy waiting a long time for the next problem.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I won't get this right (or detailed correctly), but a recent podcast sermon (Woodland Hills, G Boyd) I listened to had a brief mention of groupings of 3. Not as an accident of nature, but as a relation to the Trinity. I thought it was interesting and worthy of some research. Not that I've done any research....But 3 seems to be a theme...