Monday, January 22, 2007

YOU'RE IN THE ARMY NOW


Day 7. Yesterday, not so good. Not too bad either, but a struggle. I had the popcorn maker on the counter and was ready to melt the butter when my husband walked into the kitchen. He didn't say a word. Didn't have to. I put it away and didn't succumb. The evil twin in my head was tempting me. You hear popcorn recommended as a healthful snack, 50 calories a cup, but I have never eaten a cup of dry popcorn. How about a batch of it with butter? Not so good. I need to avoid popcorn.

I'm going to think of this as basic training. Nobody likes it, but it is effective for getting the troops ready for the fight. Our pastor has been preaching that this is "The Year of the Fight". Expect some struggles. Get ready. Be victorious. The struggles will be there anyway. Might as well realize where our help comes from and join forces and win. I don't think I can do it alone.

Yesterday my thoughts were "what's the use". I'll do this for a while then revert back to my old self. It is the stinking thinking. I have an all or nothing mentality. Either I am "on a diet" or not. Diet time or eating time. That is not a good attitude. I have to walk this out day by day.

Hey, I think I am journaling. Anyway, it is Monday the beginning of a new day. A new week.

I did ten laps at the field house and even increased my pace as I went. It actually is getting easier. I can do this.

Last evening I watched "The Apprentice" on TV. I haven't watched it before but was just too lazy not to turn off the TV and do something else. At the end one of the members quit before Trump had a chance to fire her. It took the wind out of his sails. I think he likes the dramatic moment. I could see myself in her. Quit in case you might fail. Regroup Jane. Hang in there.
Going AWOL not allowed.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yes, hang in there. I've been trying to food behave myself. Of course this weekend wasn't so good. Cookies. But what I recalled Friday is that it actually does get easier, once you get over the initial panic. It will get easier. And you won't crave certain things as much. You'll actually look forward to the salad or other healthy food. Once and while you will head back from where you came, but it's never too late to turn back. Just go back. But I completely understand the "what's the use", but that's buying into the lie...