Monday, January 15, 2007

WINTER IS BACK

The snowmobilers are happy. We have fresh snow cover. The sun is shining, the air crisp, and I just remembered why I usually like January. Enough of the bare brown frozen ground. It is pretty right after it snows. I can say all this because I don't have to drive to work before roads are plowed. I don't have to drive to work at all. We also have a big snowblower and my husband usually gets out there and does it. We also live in a town that plows the roads even during the snowfall. When we lived in Minneapolis they would get around to it a day or two later. Sometimes they would be short of funding and not plow unless the snowfall was 8 inches.
Anyone with a business relying on snow will be happy today. This was also much easier to deal with than the ice storm the middle of the country just got.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yes, we FINALLY got snow. I mean if it's going to get this cold we need to have at least a little snow on the ground. Me, I wore my new big furry boots today. But a) I missed the bus (it was 1 block down when I got to the end of my driveway). So I got a ride to work by my fabulous husband and got dropped off at the front door of my office building. B) My bus driver on the way home stopped (quite by chance) at the end of our plowed (the neighbor?) driveway. Meaning: I didn't need my boots today. The first day I could really justify wearing them.