Wednesday, January 24, 2007

ONE OF LIFE'S SIMPLE PLEASURES

A cup of hot coffee, a comfortable chair, and the morning newspaper are one of life's simple pleasures for me. This past year I have also regularly submitted anecdotes to the Pioneer Press Bulletin Board. Most of the contributors are persons of my demographic. We have similar histories and memories and there are ongoing comments on each other's stories. I have to admit it makes my day when they print something I have sent them.

Yesterday I read my daughter's Mary's blog and I am piggybacking off her topic. She had my granddaughter Mina overnight this past weekend. They went shopping and Mary let Mina pick out her own birthday present. She is a Barbie fan and picked a set called "Barbie and Tanner". Tanner is a dog who resembles Mina's real life lab Bailey. I laughed when I read the description of Barbie and Tanners interactive play. Barbie feeds Tanner dog biscuits. He opens his mouth and lifts his tail and poops! Barbie then picks up the stuff with her magnetic wand and puts it in the recepticle and on and on... How could I resist commenting on this?

link to BB:http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/living/people/16529039.htm

1 comment:

Mary said...

I must admit until I saw it I didn't get the full effect. Mina was playing with it on the coffee table, so the everytime doggie went doo-doo it make a splendid crash. Oh my.