Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I FEEL FINE

Day 2. I feel fine. One day of "better choices" behind me. A lifetime of "better choices" ahead.
Went to nearby field house to walk laps this am. Good thing to do. Five years ago I could do ten fast laps. Now I am getting passed by senior citizens in walkers. Okay, I am kidding about the walkers. I am getting passed by many, but not all. Will try to work up number of laps and do them faster gradually.
Our youngest had his 21st birthday last Sunday. He is out of the country, so sent him an electronic birthday card. He had only left the week before and didn't have time to get a card in the post to arrive on time. One of the electronic cards I sampled was a cartoon of James Brown singing "Happy Birthday to you" to the tune of "I Feel Fine." I don't think James feels so fine right now. After a dignified, heartfelt send off by his many fans, he is being kept refrigerated until his family decides where to bury him. John Brown's body may lie "a moldering in the grave", but alas not poor James Brown. I think there is something to be said for preplanning your own funeral.

No comments: