Tuesday, January 16, 2007

NEW BEGINNINGS AGAIN


Oh boy, oh boy. Today was my annual physical. Not something I look forward to. My Dr. is nice but I have to face the facts. Again. The dreaded scale. I lost 10# in October. Gained back 15 #. It is not supposed to work that way. Caught a bit of "Oprah" yesterday. She had her personal trainer Bob Greene talking about lifestyle changes and food. I do not have a knowledge deficit. I have a behavior problem. That is what I told my Dr. when he asked if I wanted to talk to a dietitian. Time to regroup. Day 1 of behaving better. Now, I must believe there will be a day 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 etc. Stopped at the supermarket on my way back from the Dr. Of course I did. I relate everything to food. I replenished my supply of good fresh veggies and fruit and sliced turkey. Wish me luck.

There is a business opportunity in this world for affordable Detox for compulsive people like me. Lock me up every three months for 72 Hours if I am not on track with healthy eating and making progress to lose weight. I had my eye on the old State prison for years. It stood empty. It was a large space surrounded by a big stone wall that used to confine the likes of members of Jesse James gang. Unfortunately, it burned in 2002. Wouldn't that have been a good place to have people like me detoxed from overeating? It would address the eating, detoxify the body and give me the proper amount of punishment to deal with the guilt. Just feed me the 1000 -1200 calories a day and make me exercise in the yard. No exercise= no recreation. I could be swayed by the temptation of a good game of Scrabble or Cribbage. They do this with the incorrigible drunks, why not incorrigible overeaters? My other hope is GRACE. Repent Jane. He is faithful to forgive and heal us when we turn to Him. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'll take all the encouragement I can get.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You and me both sister! Mother!
Since I started drinking more water (hot, with lemon and a bit of honey) my food cravings have lessened. But it's only been a few days...