Friday, January 26, 2007

Watch Out For Those Bullets in the Medical Bulletins, Might Be Dangerous to Your Health


On the news last evening I learned some study says if you take more than thirty minutes to fall asleep you are have double or tripled the risk of death. I am not sure that was helpful to insomniacs who now can ponder that while tossing and turning.

I do not have much faith in medical bulletins because they frequently contradict each other. Cardiologists advise a glass of red wine a day. Other health officials consider 7 drinks a week excessive. Got to protect that liver. A few years ago one report stated that underweight people were at a higher risk of dying sooner. A bit before that someone's study showed that significantly reducing caloric intake could lead to a longer lifespan. What to do. What to do. That is why I usually cut a path down the middle, in my thinking anyway. My behaviour does not always follow my thinking, but I am working on that.

I take more than 30 minutes to fall asleep most nights. Lunesta commercials are aimed at me. Either I can't fall asleep or stay asleep even in my decaffeinated state. Trouble is, I hate the way you feel the next morning if you take a "sleep aide". I guess I will just have to live with the knowledge I have 100% chance of doing you know what someday. Today I feel fine. Perhaps I could get a research grant to study how long people live who ignore medical bulletins.

PS Day 11. Walked this am. Had a good day yesterday. Still hanging in there. Jane

No comments: