Wednesday, May 2, 2007

HUNGARY FOR MORE OF EUROPE

More of my vicarious travel through the youngest son. Andy wrote today that the tow truck came early and the mechanic looked at the car. (This is the fourth day they have been disabled at the camp ground.) Good news, it will only cost 80 euro to fix. Bad news; no part. They will have to wait until Friday to have it fixed. I imagine that will mean just drive back to Germany and skip Prague and Vienna which must be disappointing. The bright spot in all this is they were stranded in a scenic place. It could have been much worse. They moved into a vacation rental apartment today. Four days of camping and no shower preceded this. He will at least have an interesting story. He still sounded like he had a good attitude. No whining. This reminds me of my mom's take on bad news. She would say, "It could be worse. It could be cancer." Her mom had died at a young age of cancer years ago when there weren't good treatments to cure cancer and I think that was her ultimate bad news. My sister and I prayed she would never hear those words spoken by a Dr., and she didn't.

ps: -38 this am with a blood glucose of 80. Off for my walk around Long Lake with friend Judy.

No comments: