Monday, May 28, 2007

LA Weight Loss


I am always amused by the TV adds for LA Weight Loss Centers that say, "Lose all the weight you want for $249." I have often wanted to just send them a check and stand back waiting for the magic to happen. I am sure their program of individual counseling works. Basically, all weight loss programs and diets work that alter lifestyle and encourage the participant to make healthy changes in consumption. But I do like the inference that losing 30, 50, or 100# at a bargain price is attainable. You still have to consume less calories. If money could solve the overweight issue Oprah would not talk about it so much. She could write a lot of big checks.


People ask me "what I am doing" to lose weight. They usually mean what program did I join; what diet am I following. My answer is, "All of them". I have combined all the good advice I have heard over the years and tried to apply it. I have been forthright blogging about my efforts. I want and need reinforcement to stay the course forever. My biggest fear is gaining it all back and more. Two things that have helped the most are the basic information in "The South Beach Diet" book about glycemic foods and checking my blood sugar often to see what makes it bounce. I am happy to say my morning blood sugars improved almost immediately after changing eating patterns. I have also added exercise to my regime. Hopefully all this comes together for permanent better health.
Bet you thought the before and after photos were me. Fat chance I would have ever worn the bathing suit in the before picture or let anyone take my picture in it. At least I can hope there will be an after picture someday almost that good. It will definitely be a one piece suit.

1 comment:

Rice said...

I am proud of your creativity and working out a plan that works for you. Making it a life plan is really what it is all about. Take it from me, I'm fat. :)