Monday, May 14, 2007

SENTIMENTAL MORNING

I spent a lovely Mother's Day yesterday with our kids. Oldest son Dan, called but had to work and couldn't come. Our youngest cooked the dinner served with dessert our daughter baked. It was a chance to gather and spend time with the youngest who is home only three more days before departing for China. I am blessed.
Moms were acknowledged and honored at church yesterday. Our associate Pastor, who is a very thoughtful person, also told the congregation how his wife Carrie hated Mother's Day for years and would not go to services that day. They were infertile and the pain of celebrating mothers while they longed for a child was too much. After about ten years they were blessed to adopt a dear little boy and a couple years later she got pregnant with their daughter. He then said they understood the pain of infertility and if someone was experiencing the same, see Carrie for a hug. I love my church. The church is the people.
A belated Happy Birthday to my favorite sister-in-law who celebrated 39?? yesterday. She is my husband's "kid"sister and will forever seem younger than 39 to me.

No comments: