Sunday, May 6, 2007

George of the Jungle and Museum




I have not been to the "new" Children's Museum in St. Paul. I think it has been open 7 or 8 years. Our youngest is 21 now, so that partially explains why. I do feel like a bad grandma, but the kids have gone with their parents.


I am going to see that museum soon. A traveling exhibit of Curious George is opening. I love Curious George. When our kids were growing up we read all the books. I also told many original bedtime stories adding Curious George to the story about them. Andy may remember "Curious George and the Little Chocolate Lake". It featured Andy and George on a boat trip with mom and dad. When Andy was little we frequently launched our boat in a state park on the St. Croix river. The water on the St. Croix is tea colored from the Tamarack trees that line the banks. The boats launch was on a back water pond that looked brown. Andy dubbed it "chocolate".


Daughter Mary is a collector of Curious George mementos. She has traveled and acquired CG books in foreign language. She has CG pictures, plaques, stuffed animals etc. He is just that cuddly. Does anyone not identify with his antics? Who couldn't love a friendly monkey.




Last week I heard our new son-in-law refer to their future son as Romie. (Nope, not pregnant yet. Mary calls this 'Mike's fantasy family") That is my deceased father -in-law's name and I hope they get to use the name someday. Maybe they will consider George as a middle name. Hopefully, that won't dictate impish behaviour from a future grandson but with a name like Roman George I am sure he would have winning ways.

1 comment:

Rice said...

Curious George is timeless. I was so happy when they made a new movie about him so that my girls could enjoy him more.
Patrice