Sunday, May 27, 2007

It 's a Guy Thing


We are in the midst of redecorating and Thursday my husband announced, "I'm going to buy a big flat-screen TV with my money." He has been watching the price of big plasma TVs for a few years. We agreed $7000 was excessive for our budget. Last fall when our old TV died we bought a smaller HDTV that fit in our existing entertainment center. I thought it was a nice compromise. He got a HDTV and it was not so honking big. I watch some TV but don't need it loud or big. I should have known better. Big? It is a guy thing. A while ago our pastor's wife commented her husband told her, "If it were up to women, homes would be furnished with 13inch TVs and boom boxes!" Actually, that would be fine with me. I always want to turn down the volumn on the surround sound. I think big TVs look nice in sports bars. Well we have two LCD HDTVs now. The big one is up and operative. I thought we could wait to set it up until after the furniture is back in place, but I guess I just don't get it. It is a guy thing. The guy is now snoring in his recliner with the big TV loudly broadcasting the Indy 500. Guess what I am doing.

No comments: