Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The 1st Step From Top Bunk is a Doozy


There has been no word from son Andy since he left London. We did get an update Sunday from our friend Gerd in Germany, but no email yet.

When we were in Europe in October, my husband caught on to my loosely translating every language I did not understand. I decided what I thought it was and went with that. It seemed more interesting to me to create a background story if I didn't know. He caught on and didn't believe my BS. Sometimes I was correct. Legionaires at the Venice Holiday Inn turned out to be true. (I blogged about that nov 22 '06, French legionairres.)

This is what I imagine Andy doing:

Day 2. Drove into the old city of Ljubljana. Nice man offered to watch the car while they walked the city. Spent 60,000 stotins on postcards for mom. Found necklace, woven rug, vase, scarf, and icon for girlfriend Laura. Returned to find car stripped of tires and radio. Drank 3 liters of local beer. Ate local food which consisted of stuffed goat stomach and curdled yogurt and prunes. Got a room at youth hostel with bunk beds. Felt sick later, and discovered first "Turkish toilet". Regreted drinking so much beerand eating prunes.

ANDY. WRITE TO YOUR MOTHER. THE TRUTH WILL BE BETTER THAN WHAT I IMAGINE.

No comments: