Monday, April 2, 2007

OLDIES BUT GOODIES


I’m probably not alone in this, but I don’t always hear the lyrics of a song the way they were sung. Being a long time fan of Johnny Rivers, I know the song is “Secret Agent Man”, but swear he says “Secret Asian Man”. That is a common misperception. Today I suddenly “heard the light” when they played Hall & Oates, “Your Kiss Is On My List”. For years I have been singing along, “Your kiss, your kiss, is on my lips!” That motivated me to Google the lyrics to “Blinded By the Light”. I never thought “wrapped up like a douche” made much sense. All these years they have been singing, “Revved up like a deuce”. I like that better.

1 comment:

Mary said...

As a child I distinctly remember singing your lyrics to Blinded By the Light. We were in Lyndale Garden parking lot when you looked at me and said "no, that's not right Mary." I had you listen and you couldn't correct me. I knew I didn't want to ask why "wrapped up like a douche" was wrong, and I knew you were confused by why they were singing it. Or what sounded like it. There are quite a few songs like this. Excuse me while I kiss this guy...