Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's For the Birds


On a lighter note, I received one of those humorous emails from both my sister and friend Joan. It is about housecleaning, titled "I Don't Do Windows". If you don't care for the advice in this clip, at least admit there are some good excuses about being a less than stellar housekeeper.
The very last statement is my favorite.
It begins talking about an excuse for not washing windows. I could use one. Probably due to air quality, my windows do not stay clean. I remember years ago washing them 2 - 3 X/yr. was adequate. They not look lousy in a month. At least it is good for the birds. My walking partner Judy said she had a Robin continually crashing into her window this morning. I believe I have heard birds suffer head injuries much like humans. Perhaps he is concussed and not using good judgment and there is no one to ground him from flying. I think natural selection takes over as I have heard these "birdbrains" have trouble navigating to warmer climes in the winter. I guess it really is up to us to do our part to save them. http://birding.about.com/library/blbirdcrash.htm
http://www.frontiernet.net/~shelby304/specials/dontdowindows/nowindows

No comments: