Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Boogie Days


We had the "Benediction Nun" here the weekend. This sweet 91 year old is Jon's aunt and I love her. She is gentle, upbeat, interested in life and she is the one who sent me this video.
I blogged about her on March 13th after mispelling Benedictine in an anecdote I sent to the BB. (I wrote the benediction nun") Maybe because Sister is the same age as my mom would be I especially enjoy her company. That and she loves to play cards, so I had fun.
While Sister was here she noticed the framed copy of my book cover on the wall. (I co-wrote a book about growing up with my sister.) It is called "Sisters" and peaked her interest. I showed her a copy and she asked to read it. She read it all. While she was engaged reading, I was chagrined to remember there were several references to nuns in our lives. Some were funny. The ones about the "Nazi Nun" not so good. We gave our take on the former director of our School who was named Sr. Keith. When she read this she said, "I knew Sr. Keith". She didn't say anything bad, but she didn't correct me anyway. If she was offended she didn't tell me. I could not come up with a word of criticism about our dear aunt. She makes up for all the cross nuns in my past.
Unless you are out planting daffodil bulbs, take a moment to play the clip. It might put a little bounce in your step--a little boogie in your life.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/grandmafaiths2/boogie.htm

No comments: