Monday, April 23, 2007

Getting Fit


Today my husband helped me get my bike road ready. It has been hanging from the garage ceiling about ten years. Both tires were flat. He inflated the first tire with the air compressor until it popped. We went to Walmart and got an inner tube. I would have purchased a spare, but they only had one in the correct size. After a bit of fiddling, he reassembled the wheel with the new tube inflated in the tire. Next he inflated the front tire until it too popped. Really. Not being critical here, I think the tires are old and not very elastic. He is at Target now buying another inner tube.

I walked an hour this am with my friends, did a double Curves workout and cleaned up my perennial garden and spent an hour cutting the lawn. I am too tired to ride that bike. Maybe he can just leave it with one wheel and I can ride a unicycle like the guy in the video. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6atPaWStCo

No comments: