Saturday, April 7, 2007

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS

(or---How I Learned to Not Hate Window Washing)

Last year I found a recipe that some professional window washers use. They also recommended using a squeegee and wiping the blade between wipes. This is the solution:

2 cups rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup sudsy ammonia
1 tsp. Dawn dish detergent
enough water to make 1 gallon.

I was probably the only one who did not know this. For years I have used spray Windex and cloths or newspaper only to see streaks when I was done. My husband still swears by this. I also had to stand on a ladder to get the outside of most of the windows. Now I have a squeegee with a long handle and a sponge on one side. Easy and faster. Not so easy today when it was cold enough outside to have the solution that dripped down the handle freeze.

No comments: