Friday, April 27, 2007

I'M A BELIEVER

I was reluctant for a long time but new evidence has swayed me into the column of believers.
At Easter, granddaughter Mina and I discussed the Easter Bunny. She was having doubts. Hard to believe he really could hop to all those houses around the world carrying baskets. It is a stretch. She did affirm that Santa is real, however.
Now I am a believer. Recent evidence has me almost certain there is a Superman. They may have found Superman's home planet. Scientists have recently announced they have found a planet 5X the size of Earth that may support life. It has water and is a solid mass, not just a gasseous planet. The temperature ranges from 34 degrees to 104. (Minnesotans could tolerate an even wider temp. range. We have experience surviving from -34 to +104.)
Now I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions with just the planet's discovery, but news yesterday reveals scientists have also found Kryptonite! Better yet, they found the Kryptonite in a mine in Serbia. My son is traveling in Serbia today. I am not sure what that has to do with anything, but it is a strange coincidence.
I am on a new campaign. If we are to rely on Superman and scientists to save the world, we need to preserve more of those old phone booths. Perhaps we could get Al Gore on board to help with the effort. Or, we could just spend more time on our knees praying to the one who can do something about our problems.

http://www.llnl.gov/pao/news/news_releases/2006/NR-06-01-08.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6584229.stm

1 comment:

Rice said...

I am not sure about Superman but your son seems very fortunate to be enjoying this magical trip! Good for him. Pictures are beautiful.