Saturday, April 21, 2007

You've Got My Goat


For fifty years my unfilled childhood wish was suppressed in my subconscious. When I was a youngster I wanted a goat cart. I daydreamed of driving that grand conveyance. I entered contests on cereal boxes and called in to radio sponsored competitions trying to win $100 to buy one. I’m not sure why that amount of money, but I thought that would be the price. $100.
The past year "The Little Treasures" has had multiple old photos of kids in goat carts. I treasured them. As a child, I lived on a central Minnesota farm and have no memory of seeing a traveling photographer with those props, but that is exactly what my dream cart looked like.
Last fall my son in law who works for a company that builds props for events asked me if I knew anything about goat carts. He claims no one had prompted him to ask me. I gave him my BB clippings.
Saturday’s BB came with Sharon of Roseville’s dream about riding off in a goat cart. You are dreaming my perfect ending Sharon. Tonight before I go to sleep, I may meditate about driving off into the sunset in a goat cart and see if I dream the same scenario. On second thought, I won’t do that. Maybe I’ll save that for my final exit from this world. A casket on a bigger cart pulled by a lot more goats would be a unique ride from church to cemetery.
These plans surely would give my family fits trying to find all those goats and harnesses not to mention clearing a ride down busy Hwy. 36 with the State Troopers. Just chalk those plans up to the musings of a 62 yr. old newly retired nutcase.
I’ll keep clipping those goat cart pictures and daydreaming like Walter Mitty.
If you want to read the BB column, open and scroll down to the "Perchance to Dream" by Sharon of Roseville. I found it funny. http://www.twincities.com/bulletinboard/ci_5715337?nclick_check=1

No comments: