Sunday, April 8, 2007

NOT YET READY TO SWIM OR BIKE THE AMAZON




Just when I think I am doing pretty well with the exercise thing, someone moves the bar.



The past two days were a bear walking outside. It was cold and windy. Wind chills of -5 were reported. I had to get out the hat and scarf to fend off the stiff breezes but got in the three miles. Walking briskly has become easy. I need to walk more interesting places and am trying encouraging a couple of friends to get out on the hiking trails in the country with me. Will try again next week. The ground is dry so I could change the ten year old air in the tires on my bike and try that too. What looms in the back of my mind is getting in shape on the bicycle to eventually do one of those fund raising bike trips. A few years ago, our daughter Mary was doing 150 bike trips and running marathons. Maybe I could interest her to be my partner. All that will have to wait until next year when the new, improved me is ready to go.

No comments: