Thursday, April 5, 2007

Yesterday's Journal

It's spring break and I have our granddaughter Mina staying with us. She is a delight and agreeable to do almost anything, eat almost anything. Since I walk every morning and it was cold and blustery yesterday, she agreed to walk with me at the fieldhouse. We met my new walking partner, who is about my age. When I asked Mina if we were walking too fast for her she took off running. My friend just laughed and reminded me she has way more energy than a couple of retired women. Mina did two miles and we called it quits. After lunch I took her to an indoor swimming pool where she played and swam for two hours. By 6:00pm she was asleep on the couch. Tuckered out. This old broad made it to 9:30 but sure slept well last night. Maybe there is hope for me. I have kicked up the exercise a bit and now try to do five workouts a week at the advanced level and walk four miles/day if I can.
In last evenings email check I found a strange coincidence. Two emails I checked consecutively quoted the line, "Growing old is not for sissies". Both had had an encounter with medical tests such as stress tests and a stroke work-up and things had turned out well I am glad to say.
My husband frequently quotes the line "Growing old is not.." and it made me wonder if there are any old sissies?? This cartoon is all I could find when I went to my usual source, Google.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/s/sissies.asp

No comments: