Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What You Talkin' About Willys


Friday night I went with my daughter, her husband and the kids to the North St. Paul Cruisin' Car Show.
One of the cars we admired was a restored Willys. It was a little shinier than the pictured car.
Mary said Mike found one for sale and is considering a project.
I won't give advice, but if I did I would say wait until your kids are old enough to go car shopping with you. They might find flaws you don't see.

Picture: Roman-- with the discerning look.
When Jon was a kid his dad had a Kaiser-Frazer for sale. A guy came to look at it and take it for a test drive. Jon's dad let him ride along when he went with the prospective buyer. The car looked pretty good and drove okay. His dad was putting a positive spin on the vehicle when Jon popped up with the comment, "What do you mean dad ? .... Every time you go around a corner the door flies open." I don't think they closed that deal.




No comments: