Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Simple Life




How sincere are people when they say they want to lead a simpler life? I say that I do, but I don't want to give up my dishwasher, clothes dryer, car or even my computer. I really don't want to give up my computer. I have a virus bitten, spy-ware infested desk-top computer that drives me wild. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it balks. It is like a naughty child or a misbehaving husband. Their behaviour can drive you crazy but you will forgive it.


Jon has already given me the replacement for this beast--a laptop. I like my desk top. It is familiar. I don't do change easily. God bless Jon. He has all my programs and info on the new laptop. He knows I want it as close to this one as possible. He has been saintly patient. Today when my computer was slow to open files, he brought out the laptop and opened it up. My favorite bookmarks are organized in categories. I can't see where anything is on the list by just glancing so I turned it off and went back to the old setup. By then the files were open.
I will have to think of this computer as similar to an old-tyme radio or tv. It just takes a while to warm up. It would be good to pray for Jon to continue to be patient because I am pretty sure I will continue to ask him to "fix" this brat.

No comments: