Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Golden Calf


Don't call me tonight between 7:00pm and 8:00pm. I will be watching "American Idol". I will be watching it with bit of guilt about that title. Idolatry. Last week's judge's comment about one contestant being "a god". But, they aren't gods to me or even idols but talented young people. My favorite girl was voted off last week. She was sixteen when the competition began and reminded me of Janis Joplin. I know Joplin wasn't a good role model but I loved her singing.

Of the remaining three contestants Adam and Danny are my favorites. I am not a fan of Adam's makeup but what a performer. I would like to give him some grandmotherly advice to return to his natural look. Forget the nailpolish and eyeliner. Wish he would sing an Elvis song before this is over.
You tube of cover of "Tracks of Tears". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x42a-FBcHPE

No comments: