Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We're Having a Heat Wave


Yesterday morning when I called my friend Mary and asked if she wanted to go for a walk, she declined. She was going to Duluth with a group that included a Russian visitor to show her our fair state's sites. Weather here was predicted to be sunny with a high of 83. My home page said by Lake Superior in Duluth is was 37 with a chance of rain. I remarked she might want to bring a coat.
Anyone in the upper half of Minnesota yesterday needed a coat. There were places where the temperature at noon was 32 degrees. In southern Minnesota we didn't need one. The thermometer soared to 97. It snuck up on us and Jon didn't even turn on AC. I had a sweatshirt on until 3:00pm. In spring you still get cool nights and I was chilly this morning when I woke up and even shut some windows. Minnesota. Land of all seasons, sometimes in the same day in the same state. I imagine Texas which is 1000 miles long has the same thing happen.

No comments: